haas development driver
In 2017 the Haas Formula One team, announced that Arjun would be a development driver for the team, a deal that will continue upto 2019. This means Arjun is potentially only a few good results away from becoming only the third Indian to drive a Formula One car. Further Arjun will also spend a considerable time with the team during races and will have full access to the team’s simulator and guidance to maximise his potential during the year.
1ST INDIAN GP3 RACE WINNER
From a young age, Bangalore based Arjun Maini has only ever had one target, to become India’s first Formula One champion. Fast forward to 2018 and Arjun is well on his way to achieving this dream.
In 2017 Arjun competed in the GP3 Series, a class or racing where the cars are capable of doing 0-100kmph in 3 seconds and have a top speed of 301kmph. He drove for the Jenzer Motorsport team, who though were very good, simply did not have the necessary resources to produce a car that could win races consistently. Arjun was not detered by this fact and with a lot of hard work and of course his obvious talent, he overcame the odds to help the team to third overall in the championship, along with giving the team their first ever win in the series during the first round of championship in Barcelona. Arjun added a further podium to his cabinet in Abu Dhabi to round off what was an impressive season helping the team to their highest ever finish in the series.
- First Indian to win a GP3 Race as well as set a fastest lap.
- Award for the “Best GP3 Race Win of 2017”.
- Junior Sportsman of the year, SWAB Awards 2017.
- FMSCI Future Star Award. (Order change).2016.
- First Indian to finish in the top 10 of the prestigious Macau Grand Prix.
- Fifth overall at the Grand Prix of Pau.
- BRDC Rising Star.
- “Find” of the season at the 2015 Toyota Racing Series.
- Second overall in the 2014 BRDC F4 championship with most number of laps led, most fastest laps. Labelled as the series’ most consistent performer.
- Second overall in the J.K. Tyre Formula BMW Championship in India, with 2 wins on the Buddh International Circuit.
- Winner of the Super 6 series Asia.
- Competed in WSK and various other KF Karting events.
- Fifith in ROK Cup International Final in Junior ROK category, at Lonato, Italy against 72 of the best drivers from over 20 countries.
- Raced in the MSA British Karting Championship with Force India F1 Team backing – awarded best rookie at Rowrah.
- Second place in Junior category in the Indonesia Kart Prix 2012.
- First place in the Junior Max category in the Rotax Invitational Karting Race held at Kuala Lumpur.
- Winner of the Sahara Force India F1 team’s driver hunt “One from a Billion”.
- J.K. Tyre Rotax Max National Junior Karting Champion.
- Winner of the AKOC race in Macau.
- Winner of the AKS KF3 race at the Elite circuit Malaysia.
- Second overall in the AKS Malaysian Championship.
- J.K. Tyre Rotax Max Junior Vice-Champion.
- J.K. Tyre Rotax Max Junior most number of fastest laps.
- Youngest driver to take part in the J.K. Tyre Rotax Max Junior Max National championship at age 11.
- Selected by Red Rooster Racing Team.
- Royal Kelantan Kart Prix 2008, Malaysia Winner (First Indian to win a kart race abroad).
- MRF MAI Rotax Mini Max National Champion.